The castle of Petar Zrinski built in 1651 dominates the centre of Čabar. Original parts of the wall, the tower and vaults in the ground floor of the central building have been preserved to the present day. The castle houses the Municipal museum, the Gallery of paintings of the academic painter Vilim Svečnjak and a trophy collection donated by Marijan Filipović. The castle was modified in the 19th and 20th century. It consists of four buildings interconnected by a defensive wall.